...................... 16 PARACHUTE FIELD AMBULANCE (Airborne Medics) ......................
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airborne assaulted.

4 posters

Go down

Airborne assaulted.    Empty Airborne assaulted.

Post  door bundle Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:59 am

managed to get some free tickets from the brigade, for me and the family to visit Duxford.
Now I have been a few times since its opening and took part in the group event held there last year,so I knew what was on offer but this didn't stop me from looking forward to it all the same Very Happy
we started off as you would expected in the airborne assault, but it became all to clear that the only change was a dummy being dressed in MTP instead of DMP!
This put me in a bad mood straight away, because all I could think about was the endless fund raising for the museum and all the items in the old museum which have disappeared never to be seen again Sad
But at least they are consistent because the whole of Duxford is running with the same theme, dusty and rusty displays that haven't changed since I was my sons age ( I tell a lie they have chucked in a few trucks from Afghan wherever they fit,fucking up any sort of chronological order)
seeing Monty's trucks covered in blue plastic because the roof is leaking just summed it all up.
What a let down.
door bundle
door bundle

Back to top Go down

Airborne assaulted.    Empty Re: Airborne assaulted.

Post  Andy Wood Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 pm

That's a shame, I would have expected more from an IWM site. Crying or Very sad
Andy Wood
Andy Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  door bundle Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 am

That's what I was thinking mate.
I guess they invest all the cash for the big money spinners in London.
door bundle
door bundle

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:34 am

I was very shocked when we went there last year, that the AIrborne Museum was a "Corner of a hanger" when Paul took me through it all i was expecting it to go on and on, but sadly a very bigt let down and for the Para's amoungst the group it must be a total let down for your corps and your history. I know that the Royal Artiller y museum "Fire power" in Woolich is enormous and filled to the brim with Artillery. And each year (I Dont know if its still done) each RA Gunner donated a day pays towards the museum which allowed us to have a say in what is shown etc. Maybe it is something that the Airborne lads could do?

Certainly a shame to see how upset it makes you.

Im sure over time someone will notice this.

Shaun
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 am

Saw it last year and was disgusted , hardly a mention of first airborne div , the original at Aldershot was superb , makes you wonder where all the kit has actualy gone (awol) Sad
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Wood Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:18 am

It was rumoured at the time that most of the old exhibits would never see the light of day again-unless sold off on the quiet.
Andy Wood
Andy Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down